Saturday 18 February 2017

TROUBLE IN SUTEKH

ARCHIMEDES GATEWAY:SUTEKH


"Collect a few data cores...simple job." What could go wrong?


Just about everything about this 'simple' little errand I accepted has turned out to be complicated.

For a start I am expected to 'turn in' any data cores I can find to an 'agent' operating from a Federation station...the same Federation that is currently trying to salvage the afore mentioned data cores from the wrecks of one of their own convoys.

Then there's the heavy Federation presence throughout the system, drawn in force to fend off scavengers trying to pick apart the wrecks, there are running battles almost everywhere I look, dodging the weapons fire is an art in itself.

With more ships adding to the debris field in the area, and the ongoing fighting..locating the Data cores I am expected to retrieve is nigh on impossible.


I agreed to take the job on in return for more lucrative work in the future. Having been away for a while I needed to grease the wheels with my old Imperial connections...Earn my way back in if you will.

The DBX is not really a combat ship, sure she can hold her own if she has to, against a similar enemy, but here she is sadly outclassed and out gunned. I am trying to jump in, locate the Data cores, scoop them at the highest speed possible and jump back out, but already I have been engaged in several firefights, and my repair bills have been painful.

I have five days of this. Sure, I could bail..wash my hands of it and loose all standing within the Empire, but out here you need connections..need to be able to call in a favour, or be offered 'THAT' job. Leaving the Empire would do me no favours.



So I will just have to keep my head down, fly smart and find those damned Data cores..

LOG ENDS

2 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work out there and do not forget to pick up some of the escape pods also: those are (mostly) decent imperial citizens in them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol...or heartless Federation scum!

    ReplyDelete