Monday 6 February 2017

FROM THE BUBBLE TO THE BUBBLE. 8

WREDGAEI IQ-Y D2



The journey to this point was easy, but now I seem to have hit a wall as the distance between myself and the inhabited systems increases the stars fan out, more and more so, until I have reached a point where navigation has become complex. 

As the distance from inhabited systems increases, the stars fan out and thin out


My Nav systems are struggling to plot a course outward as the distances between stars become greater and greater, I am going to have to detour a couple of hundred ly and see if I can find a more dense region of space before I can make any headway.


On the way here I landed for a short while, on yet another uncharted planet. This far out I had not expected to see another living soul, and yet I came across an SDF Python.


Curious, I put down close by and took the SRV out to take a closer look. There were no signals from the Python, no hail or comms as I came in. I drove around it's perimeter and saw no signs of damage whatsoever. However, a short distance away was the wreckage of another ship, unidentifiable to me.





The cargo containers scattered about were full of Narcotics and weapons, and likely the cargo of a smuggler. I came across two escape pods, but neither were giving off any signs of life within, indeed the displays on both were blank.

I surmised that this ship had likely been taken down by the Viper which had then followed it down to check for survivors. It makes sense, although all the way out here you would have thought any smuggler would have been able to move safely. It smelled of Vendetta more than anything else. I salvaged anything of use and left.

The Python silently watched me leave.

And now, some time later..it seems I find myself somewhat stranded . I will have to spend some serious time trying to find a way forward, and will likely be here for some time.





LOG ENDS

No comments:

Post a Comment